Call 1.866.825.3005 for more information
Founder and CEO, Wall Street Media and Wall Street Webcasting,Financial Services
The manager makes an opportunistic selection of small to mid cap stocks based on an unrecognised growth or an undervaluation story. Following company investor presentations, the manager identifies situations where company management indicates the company has a new growth story or is overlooked in comparison to its peers.
Manager research couples company management presentations with basic fundamental and trading data surrounding the company. These stocks tend not to be widely covered by the analyst community and it may take time for the stories to come to fruition or to be fairly valued by the market.
The manager considers approximately five real opportunities per week. Investment level is opportunistically based on confidence in the story and the fundamentals of the company. The manager invests around 10% in each opportunity, but may purchase more if he's confident in the story and if the stock depreciates.
Time horizon depends on the story and valuation or volatility. In a small cap stock with an exciting fundamental growth story, the model may wait as long as 6 months to capture value. In a stock that has been overlooked in comparison to its peers but has the same fundamental drivers, the manager may realise his gain in a few days.
A portion of the investment portfolio may be in more macro, international themes that the model captures with ETFs.
|as of December 04, 2013||Manager (net of fees)||S&P 500|
|Past 30 days||3.5%||1.7%|
|Past 90 days||-4.7%||8.9%|
|Past 365 days||-15.0%||30.2%|
|Since Inception (Annualized)||6.3%||19.7%|
|as of December 04, 2013||Manager (net of fees)||S&P 500|
|Best 30 days||9.4%||8.4%|
|Worst 30 days||-12.9%||-4.7%|
|Sharpe Ratio||- 0.95||2.25|
|Sortino Ratio||- 1.17||3.27|
|Value-at-risk (95%, 1 week)||-4.9%||-2.6%|
|vs. S&P 500|
|Information Ratio||- 2.23|
|11/29/13||SPXU||ProShares UltraPro Short S&P 500||Sell||$16.21|
|11/26/13||RNF||Rentech Nitrogen Partners LP||Sell||$19.95|
|11/22/13||GSVC||GSV Capital Corp||Sell||$10.96|
|10/28/13||SVVC||Firsthand Technology Value Fund Inc||Sell||$23.61|
|10/28/13||SPXU||ProShares UltraPro Short S&P 500||Buy||$17.80|
|10/28/13||RNF||Rentech Nitrogen Partners LP||Buy||$20.54|
1. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
2. Performance of the portfolio manager's account is calculated by Covestor on a daily time-weighted basis, including cash, dividends and earnings distributions, and broker commissions. Manager returns include trades that fail Covestor's trading rules, do not reflect any Covestor suitability or risk score restrictions and are exclusive of Covestor fees. More
3. Average subscription returns ("Avg Sub" or "Avg Client") are calculated by Covestor and are composed of the average, daily, time weighted returns of all active subscriptions to the underlying portfolio. These daily average returns are then linked together for the timeframe requested. In addition, these returns include cash, dividends and earnings distributions, brokerage commissions, Covestor advisory fees, and reflect individual client suitability and risk score restrictions. More
4. All graph data is as of the end of day for the referenced period, unless otherwise specified. The subscription minimum is the minimum subscription required to follow a particular portfolio. The minimum amount is determined by Covestor, based on the characteristics of the underlying portfolio. It should not be considered as specific investment advice for your investment situation.
5. The performance charts are provided for informational purposes only, and should not be used as the basis for making an investment decision. Variables such as corporate actions or foreign exchange may affect daily performance displays. We rely on mathematical formulas, computer programs, and pricing information from third-party vendors to provide these returns. Neither Covestor nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for any errors in this information or any actions taken by you in reliance upon this information.
6. Benchmark returns have been calculated by Covestor using a time-weighted calculation of daily index valuations and do not include cash, dividends and earnings distributions, or transaction costs. More
7. Leverage indicates the level of margin utilized and is calculated by dividing gross exposure by portfolio net liquidation value.
8. All Portfolio Manager information including personal data, profiles, strategies, monthly investment reports, and historical results outside of Covestor has been provided by the Portfolio Manager. Covestor makes no representation or warranty of its accuracy, completeness or relevance and it does not represent the opinions of Covestor. Transaction history is available upon request. Portfolio classifications (Approach, Asset Class) are provided by Covestor, and are intended to serve as a general guide.
9. Top Replicable Holdings: These securities are currently held in the portfolio manager's brokerage account. Those marked as "Replicable Holdings" currently pass Covestor's trading rules, subject to individual client constraints. Eligibility for replication may change over time. Actual client subscription holdings may vary.
10. Latest Transactions: These transactions were executed in the portfolio manager's brokerage account. Those marked as "Replicable" () passed Covestor's trading rules and were eligible for replication at the time of execution, subject to individual client constraints. Eligibility for replication may change over time. Actual client subscription trade activity may vary.
11. S&P 500 Index is an unmanaged index compiled by Standard & Poor´s Corp. Index returns do not reflect any management fees, transaction costs or expenses. Individuals cannot invest directly in an Index. S&P 500 index data: S&P/Dow Jones Indices LLC, a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies Copyright © 2013.